Nintendo NX Rumors and Update: New Console Rumored To have Xbox One-Like Power

Nintendo News
A woman walks past an advertisement board of Nintendo Co Ltd's Wii U game console at an electronics retail store in Tokyo, Japan, February 2, 2016. REUTERS/Yuya Shino

Speculations are now running high about the launching of the next-generation console from Nintendo. Many tech websites, such as Forbes, claim that the Nintendo NX will debut on May this year, and it will have the same computing capabilities of an Xbox One. Here's what is currently known about Nintendo NX release date and rumors on the web.

A report from Forbes says Nintendo NX debut might happen next month. Nintendo is known for shying away from a traditional E3 event, so they might opt to make the big reveal in a separate Direct event.

Furthermore, Nintendo NX might also released with Smash Bros. game, according to industry analyst. Dr. Serkan Toto. In his tweet earlier this year, he claims Bandai Namco is developing several NX games and Smash Bros. is one of the titles.

Toto is popular for his views and predictions in the Japanese gaming industry.

For the processing power of Nintendo NX, Games Radar predicted it would have Xbox One-like capabilities. If that is true, it might go head-to-head against the top gaming consoles in the market. Moreover, Nintendo could recover any of its third-party support to compete with the current-gen consoles.

The same source from Game Radar also said Nintendo NX might have cloud-connect capabilities to other consoles. This rumor started when Nintendo filed a patent July last year. According to the patent documents, the Japanese gaming company intends to build hardware that can "couple to a supplemental computing device" for better performance.

Details on how the cloud-connect technology might work are still not clear. However, the patent hints that Nintendo NX might use remote computing devices "from the user community".

The Nintendo NX will be first-of-its-kind console that the gaming market will ever see. This bold statement came from new Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima. He said it one of his first major public interviews since becoming the new head of Nintendo.

In an interview with Time's Matt Peckham, the new President says, "as far as NX goes, I've said it's different and obviously a new experience,"

Kimishima also assured fans that Nintendo were not developing next version of Wii or Wii U. The much-awaited Nintendo NX will move away from those platforms to lure more customers.

With that being said, let's wait and see if the console will make an appearance next month or in E3 2016 on June.

    Most Popular
  • Is 'The Last Supper' worth watching? Audience and critics weigh in

    Is 'The Last Supper' worth watching? Audience and critics weigh in

    Faith-based films often receive mixed reactions, and The Last Supper is no exception. The movie attempts to bring a fresh perspective to one of the most iconic moments in Christian history, but does it succeed? Some reviews from critics and audiences provide insight into its strengths and shortcomings.

  • ‘The Chosen’ Season 5: The darkest season yet—What to know before watching

    The wait is over—The Chosen is back with its fifth season, and this time, things are getting intense. The new episodes dive straight into the final days of Jesus’ life, covering some of the most emotional and dramatic moments in the Bible. If you’ve been following the series, you already know that The Chosen isn’t just about retelling familiar stories—it’s about bringing them to life in a way that feels real.

  • Massacres in Syria: Over 1,000 dead, including Christians and Alawites

    Syria’s coastal regions have been devastated by a series of massacres, with reports indicating that over 1,000 people—many from Christian and Alawite communities—have been killed in brutal attacks. Entire families have been wiped out, and survivors are fleeing in search of safety as sectarian violence escalates.

  • Kim Sae-ron and Wheesung: The tragic irony of Korean society and the principles of happiness

    Not long ago, the media was in an uproar over actress Kim Sae-ron’s passing. Just months before, the same people who had relentlessly criticized her for her DUI incident were now expressing sympathy, saying, "The world was too harsh on her." The irony is impossible to ignore.

  • Newsboys move forward as a quartet after Michael Tait’s departure

    After more than a decade as the lead singer of the Newsboys, Michael Tait has officially parted ways with the band, marking a significant shift in the Christian rock group’s lineup. The remaining members—Jeff Frankenstein, Jody Davis, Duncan Phillips, and Adam Agee—have assured fans that they will continue forward, embracing a new season of music and ministry.