Truck Plows through Berlin Christmas Market, Kills 12 and Injures 48 in Another Terror Attack

Berlin Terror Attack
A truck plows a Christmas market at Berlin.  Youtube

Naved B, a Pakistani asylum-seeker, is being investigated prior to his involvement with the Berlin Christmas Market attack which killed 12 people and injured 48. In the evening of December 19, a truck plows the Christmas market near Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, which is one of the historical sites in Berlin.

The incident is currently being investigated to discern if it is a terror attack or an accident. It is immediately related to the Nice attack in France where 80 people were killed during Bastille Day because of a truck running over the curbside pedestrians.

Several witnesses expressed their experiences regarding the recent incident in Berlin.

"I just saw this huge black truck speeding through the markets crushing so many people and then all the lights went out and everything was destroyed," Australian Trisha O'Neil stated.

"I could hear screaming and then we all froze. Then suddenly people started to move and lift all the wreckage off people, trying to help whoever was there."

The truck was stolen from a company in Poland, a two-hour drive to Berlin, according to NY Times. The truck driver, a Polish national who has been reported missing, was found dead at the passenger's side of the truck. Ariel Zurawski, a cousin of the driver, stated that he was not capable for acts of terrorism.

"I vouch for him. He's my cousin and I've known him for ages. I trust him completely," Zurawski said. "He's very dedicated to his job. He's a very experienced driver and always takes great care of the equipment."

Naved B arrived in Germany last year and has been staying in a non-operational Berlin airport, according to BBC. His application for asylum is not yet completely processed. He denies any involvement in the incident. Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany currently identified the incident as a terrorist attack.

Bavaria's interior minister Joachim Herrmann has called for a review of German refugee policy in light of the incident.

Interior Minister of Bavaria, Joachim Herrmann stated that a review regarding the German refugee policy must be conducted and search for any weaknesses and holes to avoid terror attacks.

"If it is confirmed that this attack was committed by someone who has been registered as an asylum seeker in the country, then it must lead to a fundamental reflection on the design of the whole refugee system," Herrmann said, according to Independent.

    Most Popular
  • Is 'The Last Supper' worth watching? Audience and critics weigh in

    Is 'The Last Supper' worth watching? Audience and critics weigh in

    Faith-based films often receive mixed reactions, and The Last Supper is no exception. The movie attempts to bring a fresh perspective to one of the most iconic moments in Christian history, but does it succeed? Some reviews from critics and audiences provide insight into its strengths and shortcomings.

  • ‘The Chosen’ Season 5: The darkest season yet—What to know before watching

    The wait is over—The Chosen is back with its fifth season, and this time, things are getting intense. The new episodes dive straight into the final days of Jesus’ life, covering some of the most emotional and dramatic moments in the Bible. If you’ve been following the series, you already know that The Chosen isn’t just about retelling familiar stories—it’s about bringing them to life in a way that feels real.

  • Massacres in Syria: Over 1,000 dead, including Christians and Alawites

    Syria’s coastal regions have been devastated by a series of massacres, with reports indicating that over 1,000 people—many from Christian and Alawite communities—have been killed in brutal attacks. Entire families have been wiped out, and survivors are fleeing in search of safety as sectarian violence escalates.

  • Kim Sae-ron and Wheesung: The tragic irony of Korean society and the principles of happiness

    Not long ago, the media was in an uproar over actress Kim Sae-ron’s passing. Just months before, the same people who had relentlessly criticized her for her DUI incident were now expressing sympathy, saying, "The world was too harsh on her." The irony is impossible to ignore.

  • Newsboys move forward as a quartet after Michael Tait’s departure

    After more than a decade as the lead singer of the Newsboys, Michael Tait has officially parted ways with the band, marking a significant shift in the Christian rock group’s lineup. The remaining members—Jeff Frankenstein, Jody Davis, Duncan Phillips, and Adam Agee—have assured fans that they will continue forward, embracing a new season of music and ministry.